Pandemic Safety for Seniors and In Home Care
For the past several months, family caregivers have had to handle seemingly insurmountable challenges in connection with the care of the senior family members they love. With COVID-19’s particular dangers to the elderly and those with underlying health issues, for example, COPD, diabetes, heart disease, as well as others that are common in the elderly, families have struggled with just how to best protect their older family members with pandemic safety for seniors.
To that end, some families made the difficult decision to temporarily stop home care services to prevent having anyone outside of the family come into the home – meaning the family members were suddenly responsible for full-time elder care. Without a care partner, this alone may be extremely stressful, but add to this the numerous other new responsibilities and concerns triggered by the pandemic, such as shifting to working virtually, taking care of children who could no longer attend school or daycare, and so much more.
To say it’s been a stressful time is an understatement, but now, with many new safety protocols established, can it be safe to once again bring in a professional home care agency to help?
Sage Home Care has continued to deliver safe, reliable home care services while maintaining the highest standards of pandemic safety for seniors, in accordance with all recommended guidelines. When you are ready to explore care options, keep these home care safety tips in mind:
- Work with an experienced home care provider, like Sage Home Care, which has a well-thought-out COVID-19 plan in place – and ask for details about that plan.
- Plan to be present once the caregiver arrives the first time to help ease any concerns you might have, such as ensuring that he/she is wearing a face covering, washing hands often, sanitizing surfaces, etc.
- Consult with the older adult’s physician about any concerning health issues and also to get tips for any extra safety precautions which should be taken during home care visits.
The care experts at Sage Home Care are always available to answer any questions you have and also to share information regarding the steps we’re taking to protect the senior loved ones in our care, including:
- Wearing face coverings and other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Properly sanitizing and disinfecting any items brought inside the seniors’ homes
- Ensuring all care staff are healthy through routine temperature checks and wellness assessments
- Engaging in safe social distancing protocol
- And so much more
Reach out to us at 1-800-578-4554 any time for more information regarding the countless advantages of Darien home health care and senior care services in the surrounding communities, and discover how we can assist an older adult you love live life to the fullest – comfortably and safely in the familiarity of home.